Thursday 12 January 2012

Holiday Haul: Morocco


Hellooooo darlings...

After coming back from my holiday with quite a few lovely bits and bobs, I thought I show you some of the things I bought.  We stayed in Marrakech in Morocco for a week, I totally fell in love with this city- the people, the souks, the very photogenic scenery. Also not forgetting the night market at the Jemaa el-Fnaa square where the square comes alive with thousands of bright lights, hundreds of people gathered around story tellers, belly dancers and musicians- the atmosphere is simply AWESOME. I would definitely be returning to Marrakech one day.

Anyways lets get on! I did so much shopping, I bought something for everyone in my family (I have a massive family) and quite a few things for my friends- but don't have any pics as I have already given them to everyone. Here are some of the things I bought for myself along with a couple of things for mummy dear. 

WARNING- pic heavy hehehe!


I had to haggle alot to get my hands on this leather bag!

Aladdin lamp and a sheesha

Scarves

Trinket Boxes

Trinket box

Colourful banjo- my nephew wouldn't keep his hands off this!

Excellent cotton bud storage ;-)

A couple of ornamental pieces

When I went to the Bahia Palace there was an old man standing by the entrance selling necklaces. He had quite a unique variety of necklaces which he was holding in his hand. Now at this point of my holiday I had done enough shopping and wasn’t interested in buying anything else but one look at this man and I changed my mind. I had felt sorry for him because he was very old and was struggling- so I bought a necklace and gave him quite a bit of money for it! I didn’t want to just randomly give him money as it might have offended him. The only problem is that I don’t see myself actually wearing it because it’s quite a statement piece! But it was the only one I liked out of all of them. I might actually build up the courage to wear it one day!
Little ornamental piece

Very stunning cushion covers- photos do not justify the awesomeness  lol

Earrings- these I bought for 15 dirhams each which is roughly a bit more than a pound-BARGAIN!

I bought these bowls for mummy dear- she loved them.
Little hand drum
Another pressie for mummy dear



Until next time lovelies...

12 comments:

  1. Oh I really want to go Marrakech now! :-(
    Absolutely love the handbag, earrings and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these kinda posts!
    I want one of those cotton bud storage thingies! So unique x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the necklace is nice- I would wear it over a simple black top. The trinket boxes are very lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bargain on those earrings :-)
    They are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got a lot of amazingly beautiful stuff! that leather bag is beautiful! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leather handbag os gorgeous! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The handbag is beautiful! Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!

    www.hiraschaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh I'm so jealous! Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I always read your lovely comments, so type away! xxx